VCU Student Government Forums
Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association

wheelchair Access

Go down

wheelchair Access

Post  powerslm on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for the Bike racks first of all you can't go up a handicapped ramp that is blocked by bikes!

cantle SGA do something above the "handicapped access" of campus? There are multiple doors all over campus That have handicapped assistance but don't work Temple's a prime example ,since student's don't care enough to help one another and will watch me struggle for 10 mins to get a door open and never think to help a working door would be great

we do have handicapped access to sidewalks, but watch the pothole at the base of the one @ carry and Harrison heading onto campus, It's not safe nor accessable

Also why is there handicapped parking @ Cary and Harrison deck but no handicapped acessable doors to get out the deck?

l was in a recent accident and am temporarily in a wheel chair and this is so ridiculous I can't safly get on campus and no one @ VCUis concerned

powerslm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wheelchair Access

Post  driverx77 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks for making us aware of this issue - I'll see what I can find out about these problems and what is currently being done to address them. Clearly, this needs to be resolved.

-Justin

Last edited by driverx77 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

driverx77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driverx77 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Lisa -

I've spoken with Jibran (current VCU SGA President) and have forwarded your contact information to him. This is an issue we are concerned about and are planning on addressing it with the University Council.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

-Justin

driverx77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down