VCU Student Government Forums
Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student Affairs

2 posters

Go down

Student Affairs Empty Week of Feb. 20

Post  Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 am

Looking forward to the world cup, this is going to be so cool, and I jst know it will ROCK!
I spoke to tony about the Speak out event, I cant wait to help get the word out, I like the idea of it being in two locations on one day, something new is always a good thing to try.
The grants committee meeting was productive, and interesting to say the least. I look forward to next week, I have a feeling we will be looking at very competitive proposals.
I enjoyed My meeting with Mr.Walker this week, Thanks for the updated, and the information you provided me with.

Fajir Amin

Admin
Admin

http://forums.vcusga.com

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Fajir's First Post

Post  Admin Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm

This week I had my first meeting with the cabinet members of the VCU SGA, it was Awesome, and I got to learn about many things including the fact that we must post weekly updates on the SGA forums. I also learned that the new constitution has been passed and new elections will soon be on the way. Also, I learned about the VCU students amazingly awesome efforts to help clean different streets and neighborhoods in Richmond.
I have been trying over the past week to get the word out in regards to the GA VCU RAMS on the hill day; also, I am still exploring my options in regards to learning how I may be of service to the SGA, and VCU. If anyone has ideas, I am more than happy to hear them people. The one thing I know for sure is that there is a limitless amount of potential and loads of energy to be tapped into.
I also have been randomly striking up conversations with students at the library, and in the commons, and in different classes I am taking, I ask people about their opinion in regards to the value of their degree? And about their willingness to be evolved alumni? The responses I have been getting range from positive to negative to non interest!!
I hope you find this post of value, it is my first time around, and any criticism is always welcome Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Update 11/28

Post  iyersr Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Updates, (contain some older things as well)

Met with Gabe and Faculty Senate Student Affairs committee regarding finalizing a plan for the Add/Drop issue and textbook concerns. Gabe will be presenting to the faculty senate soon. Logistics of a blackboard system to house syllabi to be worked on. Very promising ideas and progress is being made!

Attended Virginia Coalition for Education meeting. Gathering of students regarding budgetary concerns and administrative policies. Students plan on participating in the 'day on the hill' event SGA typically runs, as well as voicing their concerns regarding other campus issues.

Green unity event a huge success, volunteered for several hours. Great response from students, and numerous questionnaires filled out regarding the green fee issue.

Recommend everyone to attend Office of International Education coffee hours, and mingle with our growing international student population. Great way to extend a friendly welcome to exchange students studying here.

-Sanjay

iyersr

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty NOV 6 Update

Post  Sanjay I Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:39 pm

NOV 6 Update

Past Monday attended Student life committee meeting and informed them of various cabinet meeting updates, including tour of buildings for potential green roof plans. Participated in recording information from comments and suggestions box with the committee members.

Attended the parking and safety meeting, and voiced personal concerns as well as issues raised within my residence hall regarding police usage and dispatch. Strong student showing at the meeting, and many questions were answered regarding the interaction of pedestrians and motorists and other related concerns.

DC kitchen sponsorship paperwork is coming in.

Might add on to this posting tomorrow with more updates.

Sanjay I

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty NOV 1

Post  Sanjay I Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:41 pm

11/1

Last Monday attended the student life committee meeting and informed them of the creation of the School Song committee and requested them for volunteers as they sponsored the legislation. Senator Cassandra Phillips will be chairing the committee. Still waiting on a response from a few of the associations but should be scheduling the first meeting soon. Representatives from Athletics identified so far. Will be making visits this week to the people necessary to get this moving if email responses don't arrive!

Student Life participating in a 'secret diner' program at aramark facilities on campus. Will be dining at various locations around campus and rating the food quality and service.

Sanjay

Sanjay I

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Re: Student Affairs

Post  dubebi Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:02 pm

10/25

This week was able to make it to the Student Life committee meeting, where I brought up concerns raised in the executive cabinet meeting regarding the proposed bus route and the poll question. Questions were answered and question reviewed. Speak out was this past wednesday and quite a success. I volunteered and saw first hand a huge student response so awesome job and much credit to Gonzalo and friends. School Song resolution was reviewed and I dispatched calls for the creation of a joint committee, contacting the respective groups required. Great week so far and I am excited for the upcoming month.

Sanjay

dubebi

http://www.vcugoesgreen.vcu.edu

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Update OCT 16

Post  Sanjay I Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Short update for this week, my apologies, midterms everywhere!

Deputy Director of Student Affairs position is being temporarily worked by Justin Ahdoot, a class of '13 Theatre Major. He is passionate about aiding the SGA and excited for the upcoming year.

Once again, must congratulate the Student Life committee on their work. Excited about the upcoming SGA speakout, and as usual, expecting great success. Portal poll is up regarding the proposed Monroe Park Campus bus route, please vote!

Thanks, Sanjay

Sanjay I

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Updates

Post  Admin Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Updates from the past couple weeks,

Met with Faculty Senate regarding Add/Drop issue and Compiled Textbook concerns. Extending Add/Drop time frame is unadvised and not something which will happen, so the proposed options include creating more in depth course descriptions informing students of class responsibilities prior to registration or making accessible old syllabi to give students an estimate of the future semesters coursework. Decision to be deliberated on and discussed later. Student concern regarding compiled books brought to attention of faculty senate. Compiled textbooks were designed with the intent to lower prices for students, but there is very little resale value. Brought to attention the SGA book trading website, and requested faculty to allow SGA representatives to speak during class regarding the web page. Will be discussed further at a later date.

Student life committee off to an awesome start, much credit is deserved by the hardworking members and the tireless Gonzalo. Sat in on the last meeting which dealt with the proposed bus route, tie resolution, and other things. Will be attending tonight and update if necessary. Great work guys!

Sanjay

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dubebi Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Since our last meeting, at the end of August, we have pushed the creation of the VCU Worldcup, a large scale sporting event geared toward multicultural exchange and bringing various communities together. We successfully met and begun working with leaders from the Intercultural Festival, and are in planning stages regarding potentially tying this event to the annual program in the spring. Several student organizations have pledged their support, and the groundwork to get this going is being set. Expect more updates soon!

Sanjay

dubebi

Back to top Go down

Student Affairs Empty Student Affairs

Post  dubebi Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Updates to Student Affairs

dubebi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content