VCU Student Government Forums
Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finance Updates

2 posters

Go down

Finance Updates Empty Week of Nov. 27th

Post  Eddie B Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:14 am

Hey everyone,

Hope your enjoying your break and the Holiday.

My main task has been working on creating a better way to coordinate both Executive and Legislative spending to avoid the current problems we had with overspending and lack of communication.

Next, it has been an disburbing trend of lack of communication between me and my Fiscal account representative. Therefore, I will be meeting to address these concerns, because they are starting to affect peoples ability to get paid beyond a reasonable time frame to get to the bottom of the problem.

As for timesheets for the pay period Nov. 24th none of them were able to be turned in due to the above mentioned communication problems. Specifically I was not notified in advanced that timesheets where due Nov. 20th instead of my deadline of Nov. 23. Although, I will resolve this matter and everyone who turned in a timesheet will be paid by Dec. 6th.

I loook forward to finalizing plans for the banquet, I just need joint to confirm the date. Before I can have space reserved.

Lastly, I am awaiting the reschedule of the Peer mentoring meeting with Mr. Goode and involved parties. I'm really excited and literately devoted over 10 hours in the past week on research everything from how other universities do peer advising, to internet research, and checking up almost all the peer mentoring books from the library. So I am very confident this proposal will be very well received.

My goal for this coming week is to create legislation to get funding from the student activity fee, to fund the Peer Mentoring Program, which I newly re-branded to the VCU RAM program---Resources & Academic Mentoring Program!

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Week of Nov. 20

Post  Eddie B Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey Everyone,

This past week was really a resource gathering and research one, whereas I contacted Olivia about getting necessary paper work from her to balance the budget correctly. As I don't submit the paper work Legislative branch.

I spent numerous hours reading and researching peer mentoring resources to fine-tune my proposal, which is nicely named the VCU RAM program Resources & Academic Mentoring Program. The meeting that I had scheduled last Wednesday was canceled so it may be another 2 weeks before I can meet with them to finalize things for the spring.

In terms of the fall banquet. I'm waiting for approve from Joint on the date and time. From there I can secure the location. At this point it will have to be on the frist week of Dec either Monday through Sunday. I'm working to see if we can hold the event at the MCV Ballroom, since the Commonwealth Ballroom is booked.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance week of Nov. 13

Post  Eddie B Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey everyone,

My ongoing task are as follows:

1. Re-implement the Peer Mentoring Program I started 3 years ago for next semester
2. Finalize plans for SGA Fall Banquet
3. Assist Bhumi with Presidential Roundtable
4. Help train new appropriations committee members on annual process
5. Balance the budget

As for the details; peer mentoring is in the process of being re proposed I am working hard to create a comprehensive proposal to best aid in the effort of gaining VCU administration support of this program. The focus will be reviewing applications of all majors at least a spohomore standing to become peer mentors for first year students here at VCU.

After all my research thus far the cheapest deal I can find is getting the food catered and holding it here on campus. So I will let Gabe know tomorrow about this to get the go ahead to reserve a room here in the commons. The banquet will be in the next two week hopefully.

I am available to help Bhumi out with Presidential Roundtable at the end of this month and look forward to working with her again.

Since, it is nearing the end of the semester student orgs are reaching the deadline to spend or money money in their budgets. So things for the appropriations committee will slow down. Therefore, it will be the perfect time for me to help train the new senators on the annuals budget request process.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance

Post  Eddie B Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have exciting news! Last week I met with Carlton Goode, an academic adviser at the University College to continue plans with the Peer Mentoring Program I started 3 years ago.

If you don't know about the Peer Mentoring Program, its basically where we have sophomore and above students mentor Freshman students on various aspects of navigating VCU.

The plan is to start accepting applications soon and have the deadline early next semester. So that we can start training new peer mentors in the spring and have them ready to be paired up with incoming freshman throughout their first year.

Next, I'm still working on gathering the necessary details for the SGA Fall Banquet. Looks like we will be having the event on campus if space permits and the food will be catered.

Finally, I am still awaiting additional information from the legislative side of the budget before I have a accurate accounting of our budget.

As for my goals:

1. Get peer mentoring back up and running for next semester.
2. Secure funds through SAF student activity fee to pay peer mentors in the academic year 2010-2011.
3. Hold an great banquet and spend less than $2,000
4. Attend New Senators Training to assist with that
5. Successfully help train the new members of the Appropriations Committee for the Annuals process

Thanks,

Eddie Brunson
Director of Finance

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance

Post  Eddie B Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have been working on the VCU SGA scholarship effort and unforunatly no one responded to my e-mail that I sent out to all 3 branches to get members on a committee to work on creating the scholarship. Although, Dr. Klink Vice Provost for Student Affairs is going ahead with an international student scholarship where I will be involved in the adversting and selection process.

Next, I have been balancing the budget which is tricky do to not knowing extactly what legistative is spending since we share the same budget. So, I'll hopefully have it ready tomorrow in cabinet to give Gabe an overview.

As long awaited I have finally been able to over come all the obstacles in preventing the SGA website payment from going through. So, it should have all been taken care of this past week. Yay!

Appropriations is doing a great job this semester!

I also have been researching places to have our SGA fall banquet. So far it seems like if we choose to have it off campus the total cost will be over $2000 not including service charges or sales taxes. The best option I have found is to get the food catered and hold the event on campus to spend less than $2000.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance- Week of Oct. 2

Post  Eddie B Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey Everyone,

My tasks for this past week, were to try to form the committee responsible for working on the scholarship effort. Last Monday, since I have class I was not able to present the idea to Senate, so I will try again this coming week.

I worked with Gabe and Buhmi, to figure out where to order food for Presidential Roundtables, and choose Extreme Pizza. I also helped set up and hand out the pizza at the event. I noticed that a lot of people did not eat, so we had about 5 pizza left over. So, next time we plan on just offering snacks, like rice crispy treats, chips, cookies, oreos, goldfish, etc.

My main goal is moving around money in the budget so that the website can be paid soon.

I look forward to this coming week!

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance week of Sept. 25th

Post  Eddie B Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey Everyone.

My task for this past week was to continue to work on the scholarship effort, where I had a meeting with Dr. Klink to get more information about the funding source and advice on the next steps to take.

I found out that the amount of funding is $2,000 secured through VCU Business Services, and we will need to create a standing committee that will have representatives from all 3 branches. So there will be a presentation soon regarding this matter in senate.

I submitted the brief to the Judicial branch regarding the pay changes to challenge whether the changes were done according to the C&E committee bylaws.

Thanks,

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Director of Finance- Week of Sept 18th

Post  Eddie B Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

My tasks for the previous week was to make a PowerPoint Presentation for Senate regarding the scholarship efforts we are trying to push forward. We have successfully secured funds through Business Services. The purpose of the presentation is to get feedback and create awareness of this effort.

The remainder of focus has been on budgeting issues that we are facing as is the world in this tough times. I have been working hard to figure how to resolve these issues and thus have been attending Joint meetings instead of Appropriations to resolve this matter.

Thanks,

Eddie

Eddie B

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Finance Updates

Post  Admin Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Admin
Admin

http://forums.vcusga.com

Back to top Go down

Finance Updates Empty Re: Finance Updates

Post  Sponsored content