VCU Student Government Forums
Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to SGA Forums. Please feel free to look at our periodic updates. We appreciate any feedback from your side. Please contact us at sgatech@vcu.edu if you experience any problems while accessing the forums.

Thank you,
Student Government Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results -

Go down

MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results - Empty MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results -

Post  driverx77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:23 pm

What would encourage you to recycle more?
3/23/09 to 3/30/09

Choice % of total # of votes
More recycling bins available on/around campus 69% 3449
A map indicating where recycling bins are located on campus 4% 183
Knowing what to recycle 17% 823
Recycling is not important to me 6% 302
Other 4% 224

TOTAL 4981

The results indicate that having more recycling bins available on and around campus would encourage more recycling. Some of the "other" commentary is entertaining to say the least, some is insightful, and some probably needs to be recycled. Twisted Evil

Last edited by driverx77 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

driverx77

Back to top Go down

MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results - Empty Re: MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results -

Post  driverx77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:25 pm

“Other” Responses
• 1, 2 & 3
• 1-3 all of the bove!
• A and C
• A bottle deposit
• A deposit system where you get a refund for properly recycling.
• A football team
• A huge campaign saying what to recycle AND more bins available on campus
• A large recycling dumpster for off campus housing and large dumping, or if this is already available then maps to show where they are
• A sign near the trash receptacle that notes the nearest recycling bin.
• All of the above
• Beautiful women
• Being able to recycle more things such as packaging, styrofoam, and alluminum foil
• Being forced to
• Boobs
• Both A & B
• Completely taking all trash cans way and making it so that I have to choose what to recycle.
• Education
• Education
• Fines
• Free pick-up
• Getting Paid
• Have other people go through my trash
• Having Recycle Bins on each floor of every dorm because we dispose of recyclables more than trash
• Having more recyling bins on/around campus and knowing what to recycle in which bins.
• Having more room in my apartment to store recyclable products until I can take them somewhere!
• Having my own recycling bin
• I Do Recylce
• I already do
• I already do recycle
• I already recycle
• I already recycle EVERYTHING
• I already recycle all the time
• I already recycle as much as I can
• I already recycle at home
• I already recycle everything I can
• I always recycle when I'm on campus
• I can not recyle more
• I do recycle as much as I can.
• I have no intention to recycle more
• I know all about recycling and I do it.
• I only recycle metals and plastics
• I recycle
• I recycle
• I recycle already.
• I recyle 90-100%
• If I got paid
• If my goods were actually recycled
• If people stopped getting in my face about itl
• If we were provided with recycling bin in the suites of the campus buildings. People aren't going to separate their trash and they certainly aren't gonna walk out of their rooms to recycle. Be realistic. We're young. We're lazy.
• Info
• It's effectiveness
• It's just a habit that everyone has to develop
• Making it as easy as possible
• Making it illegal to throw certain recyclables away
• Maps & More Bins
• Massages (not from men)
• Money
• Money
• More Recycling for Cans
• More recycle bins less trash cans so i have to recycle more
• More recycling bins AND a map indication where they are located on campus.
• More recycling bins EVERYWHERE
• Not needing to wash the bottles before dumping them
• PR campaigns
• Paper Bins IN Classrooms
• Paper recycling bins INSIDE
• Paper recycling bins in classrooms
• Plastic Type
• Recycling aluminum, not paper or plastic
• Recycling at Home
• Recycling batteries & inkjet carts.
• Recycling being available at my aparment building
• Recycling bins for other materials as well
• Recycling for off campus students who live nearby campus, closer to campus than the center behind the museum so students w.o cars can still recycle
• Recycling in buildings
• Rewards for recycling (i.e. dollar rewards)
• Rinse stations near bins
• Someone explaining to me (intelligently) why it is actually important/better to recyclce and convincing me to start recycling.
• The City of Richmond providing service to apartment buildings with more than 4 families
• The first 3 all together.
• The first 3 listed would be very helpful
• The first three
• The first three
• We have enough recycling bins around school. people just need to care more.
• Weekly City of Richmond Recycling Pick-wp
• What's been done is good
• a big fund raising for recycling bins and a nice show or a recycling campaign held on campus
• a money reward
• a separate bin to keep in larger offices/ office suites instead of just 1 on each floor.
• a themometer to measure progress
• a, b, and c
• additional recycling bins
• all but the fourth one Recycling is not important to me
• all of the above expect it not being important
• already recycle faithfully
• assorted recycling dispensers; ie. for glass, aluminum, paper, etc..
• bins for recycling paper in the dorm rooms
• bins that have slots big enough for plates and large containers
• bins with larger holes for larger bottles
• both a map and availability
• both more bins and knowing where they are
• campus collection day
• company picking up recycling like they would trash
• cutural incentives to recycle
• easy recycleing at my apt
• educating people about the importance of recycling
• emptying recyclying cans that have been full for weeks in our department
• first three choices
• footbal
• free bacon
• free soda
• giving each dorn room a recycling bin
• have bins in classrooms or near them.
• have more types of plastic be recycleable
• having a bin at home
• having more types of recycling available
• having recycling bins inside buildings and housing
• having things to recycle even
• i already recycle
• i always recycle
• i'm content with my recycling
• if bins accepd eveything possible and someone else sorted it out!
• if florian devries was kicked out of this school
• if my building picked it up
• if my off campus apartments had recycling bins
• if you gave me money everytime I recycled
• in clasrooms and labs
• in some states they pay you to recycle and you have to pay for trash service.
• knowing what to recycle and where the recycling bins are
• less packaging in the first place.
• locate some bins by VCU parking garages
• make it mandatory
• make it more obvious
• making the recycling bins bigger
• map of off-campus recycling centers
• maybe a combination of maps w/ locations and materials recycled
• monetary reward for recycling
• money

driverx77

Back to top Go down

MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results - Empty Re: MyVCU Portal - Recycling Poll Results -

Post  driverx77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:25 pm

• money deposit on can/bottle
• money for the things I recycle
• more bins AND a map!
• more recycling bins around campus, a map indicating where recycling bins are located on campus - recycling is very important!
• more recycling bins available & knowing what to recycle (1&3)
• more reminders!
• not having seen the bullshit episode about recycling.
• nothing
• nothing
• nothing
• pay me to recycle
• paying me
• plastic bag recycling bins
• posters
• put recycling bins in off campus housing
• recycle bins emptied more often
• recycling available in my apt building!
• recycling avalible at apartment complex
• recycling bins at apartment building
• recycling bins available at my apartment.
• recycling bins next to trash can areas
• recycling bins right next to trash cans
• recycling close to my home.
• recycling pick-up
• recycling uses more energy than it saves, and thus it is not worth the effort.
• severe penalts
• signs
• take home program
• the first two answers
• the trash man picked up my recycling
• when the cost of recycling is less than the cost of production

Comments
• It is such inconvenient on campus to do recycle even though you want to do so. I'll fully appreciate if school can improve the situation and to show its consideration for the Earth.
• I use the recycle bins more now because there is a place for regular trash when I am throwing out a plastic bottle. Everything is clearly labled. The bright green catches my eye. I look for the bins now whenever I need to toss trash. Good job!
• A lot of people throw trash in the recycling bins, especially near the Carry Street Deli. It discourages a lot of people from even bothering since they know that anything that they try to recycle is going to have to get trashed anyway.
• A map would be a waste of paper. Not everyone is going to want to carry around a map and you're more than likely to see maps scattered on the ground.
• A map would be very helpful too.
• A recycling program where I live in the Monroe District of the city.
• Adding additional recycle bins in the residence centers
• All of the above options are important and should be put into effect if possible. I see recyclables in trash cans all the time. Maybe putting signs on trash cans that say "NON-RECYCLABLES" would be more beneficial than anything else.
• All of the above.
• All of the above. The city could provide larger recycle bins to residences as well as launch more community awareness campaigns. VCU could actively partner or pursue such efforts.
• Also Knowing What to recycle
• Also clear labeling of what to recycle in which bins. I believe the ones in the Trani Life Science Building are labeled glass on the top of the hole and plastic on the bottom...slightly confusing
• Also having a map to show where the bins are located and knowing what to recycle. I know these choices are up there for the poll, but they are also very important to me when it comes recycling.
• Also info for students living off-campus about how to get recycling service.
• Also knowing what to recycle
• Also, having bottle recycling inside of buildings as well, not just outside near trash cans.
• Always keep a small recycling bin next to the trash bin. then one doesn't have to find for it and will throw trash accordingly.
• And emptying the recycling bins that are full in a resonable time frame, often there is no room for any more recycled material.
• And something to recycle paper where the other recycling bins are available.
• Attach recycle bins to trashcans, its so easy and smart!
• Besides having more bins, students need to be educated about why recycling is important. Students need to be made aware of the issues so they feel more RESPONSIBLE to take part in recycling.
• Better labeling and sorting directions(such as which plastics, paper/newspaper/cardboard)
• Bigger bins, too.
• Bins clearly showing what can be recycled like they have at Whole Foods Market. This would be especially helpful in the commons showing which lunch containers are recyclable.
• Bins should be located in high use areas were people hang out or walk through. With the bins a chart should be included describing the different types of plastics and metals that can be recycled. Instructions my also help ex. take tops of bottles
• Both knowing where and what I can recycle are important!
• Classroom & bathroom cube posters with maps and catchy phrases regarding why it's important to get involved in recycling.
• Dont have the little slots that only some bottles can fit it...
• Dorms have plenty of bins for recycling bottles but i think we need to start recycling paper materials too.
• Education/Information distribution on a regular basis by email or telegram that show we actively recycle and WHAT is recycled. Should encourage communication btw departments to work to on reuse of furniture here at VCU before it goes to DGS
• Especially in dormitories and eateries
• Especially on the MCV campus!
• Every trashcan needs a recycling bin. Theres some lazy people on campus and they won't recycle if they have to go out of their way to do it. They should also have informative stickers on them telling poeple that bottle tops etc are not recyclable.
• Existing bins need to be emptied more frequently! For example, I've often seen plastic bottle and can bins that are literally overflowing - and people just start throwing items in the trash, rather than add to clutter on the floor.
• FUCK recycling.
• For VCU employees, it would be useful to have small recycle bins located in kitchen areas.
• For the people who live off campus (but basically on campus) I have to carry my bags of recycled items to the closest bin. There should be some outside of the residence halls instead of inside. I would recycle more.
• GO GREEN!
• Green yunatay!
• HAVE MORE RECYCLINGBINS AND HAVE A MAP INDICATING WHERE RECYCLING CENTERS ARE LOCATED.
• Having one response here is somewhat limiting. Having more bins and knowing what to put in them are equally important to me.
• Having the sorting bins available
• How about buying less?
• I AM VERY GREEN! THE GREENER THE BETTER!
• I already recycle at home and I am a huge advocate for recycling. It is very important, but i've noticed only a few recycling bins outside around campus. Is it possible to one bins inside the campus buildings. Drink bottles/paper could be recycled.
• I already recycle but more bins around campus would help alot.
• I already recycle everything I know I can.
• I already recycle when I'm on campus, but my apartment doesn't have recylcing bins. So the facilities to recycle there aren't readily available.
• I am mainly in the business building and notice two areas where I can recycle, and the one on the inside is usually full on the bottle side of the bin. Perhaps adding more bottle recycling bins;otherwise, people just say oh and throw it in the trash
• I am off campus and there is no recycling at Henrico County Public Schools.
• I am very big on recycling, so when a proper recycling receptacle is not available I will just take it home with me and recycle it there. It would be nice if the classrooms/floors had a designated recycling bin. Too much paper is thrown away.
• I cant add recycling pick up to where I live so i bring all my recycling home but I would love to be able to recycle it right on campus. Bottles, cans and cardboard/paper especially
• I carry a reusable water bottle, so don't have much to recycle on campus
• I don't know that recycling is so important to me, but convenient bins around campus really help me to recycle.
• I don't want to carry my recyling out of a building or heck even to another floor of a building. If it's not convient, then it's not going to happen.
• I drag my recyclables home with me from campus to recycle and can't recall seeing any recycling bins, other than for office paper. Perhaps have more bins, painted in bright colors to be easily identifiable?
• I find that its just very inconvenient to recycle. In the dorms we have no recycling bins so it just accumulates in our apartment until we just throw it out with the trash because it's just easier to take it out that way.
• I have things like plastic containers that I know are recycable but the containers say bottles and cans only, and I don't know if I should put my items in the container.
• I know where bins are on campus, but sometimes I don't need to recycle until I get back to my apartment. Our apartment complex does not have a collection service for recycling so it's hard to recycle when its going to pile up in my apartment.
• I live in Colosium lofts, it would be nice if they had it... i understand its not VCU owned, however it is close Smile
• I live in GRC and the nearest recycling bins are pretty far away from my dorm. Because its a bit of an inconvenience so we dont do it for the most part.
• I live in a rural area, and recycling is not available to me (at least not curbside). If there were a container handed out I would fill it and bring it back to a designated bin on campus.
• I live off campus and I do recycle however I have to drive to other recycling than bringing it here b/c I have about a trash bag a week and I just cant fit it all in the bins here
• I live off campus, thus the majority of the materials I use that could be recycled I recycle at the Center behind the DMV- It just feels silly to take bags full of recyclable materials to school to put in the smaller bins there.
• I live right behind the GRC dorms, and used to collect recyclables thinking I would come across a bin nearby, that I could drop them off on the way to class. But there are none, and I have no clue where they are except the Compass.
• I love to recycle and I have been very appreciative of the new bins around campus. It makes it much easier for me to do my part to take care of my environment.

driverx77

Back to top Go down

Post  driverx77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm

• I might be inclined to recycle if I could be given a reason other than global warming. I refuse to assist environmentalists who are willing to use the government to violate people's rights just to enforce their own agendas.
• I pity the fool thats think recycling isnt important!
• I recycle as much as possible now.
• I recycle, but it's not like I'd chase the bins around campus using a map, in fact many times I just take my bottles and stuff home to recycle since I don't live on campus.
• I think VCU has done an excellent job of making recycling accessible and encouraging. I appreciate the recycling program on our campus. It may help others to know exactly what is recyclable.
• I think recycling is a great thing, and more students would be open to it if resources where available (i.e. recycling bins)
• I think that VCU does a great job of trying to get students to recycle. I think that rental companies around the Richmond area that students rent from need to do a better job of supplying tenants with recycling bins.
• I think that a combination of more recycling bins and knowing what to recycle would improve recycling efforts. Also you may want to consider some sort of recycling incentive project or program!
• I think that the school is doing well with the number of recycling bins around campus. More education needs to be advertised to encourage those that do not recycle that it is important.
• I think that there should be more can recycling in the dorms' trash rooms. People buy soda in cans from the grocery store and would be more likely to recycle them if there was a more convenient recycling receptacle.
• I think the first three could all contribute to individuals recycling more. I think the firstone may have the most impact though...
• I think the first three options are all encouraging.
• I think there are plenty on campus now, which is why I recycle more this year than in years past.
• I think there should be an educational program directed toward informing students of the very real benefits of recycling.
• I think there should be more effort to use less disposables/"recylcables" in the first place.
• I wish that there was some way that we could recycle better in the dorms.
• I work for a firm that inspects landfills and have seen recycling companies deliver the "recycled goods" to a trash pile. so I dont recycle
• I work in a VCU office that isn't located on either campus. It would be nice if recycle bins were set up here. I would definitely recycle.
• I would like a some recycling bins at Siegal Center.
• I would like students to be able to have access to recycle bins to take home as well. As I throw away cardboard and such at home because I have no way to get it back to campus
• I would love to be able to recycle more. I usually end up taking ALL of my recycling home (3 hours away) because I don't know where any are in Richmond and I don't really want to carry my recycling on my 15 minute walk to campus.
• I would recycle more if the city would issue me a real bin. They didn't have any more available when I went to get mine for my house. I don't want to buy a container just for recycling...every house should be given one.
• I would recycle more if the high-rise apartment building had a dumpster for recycling. Apparently in Richmond if a building houses a certain number of units it's only required to provide a trash dumpster.
• I'll throw appropriate things in the recycling bin if its there; so I think a recycling bin should be next to / near every trash can (as students we use a lot of bottles/cans and paper goods all of which we can recycle and make a difference=)
• I'm a big reycler and while I think that more bins on campus will help, I've noticed people who completely ignore a bin sitting right next to the trash can or only a few feet away. There needs to be greater awareness but people may not care.
• I'm actually curious about ways to limit use, more so than recycling. I know recycling's important but I think it's more important to reduce waste in the first place.
• I'm not really sure if things get recycled. I have a sneaking suspician it just goes to the dump. I need proof !!
• I'm really happy that VCU has so many opportunities for people to recycle. I really appreciate it because my apartment building does not have a recycling program and instead, I take bags of recycling to campus.
• I'm sick of VCU spending money on "going green" while they are cutting classes, teachers, etc. Focus on the students.
• I've noticed more recycling bins around campus this semester, and it makes it so convenient for me to recycle! What a great idea to motivate students to recycle stuff!
• If I was paid small amounts of money I would recycle all the time
• If recycle bins for paper where in offices, I think they would get more use. When people have to "walk down the hall" to the recycle bin, they are less likely to use it.
• If there was a cash-money incentive, let's say. VCU pays me directly or offers some kind of profit-sharing, kick-backs, or flat percentage of book store sales. I mean, money is a motivator. Motivate me.
• If you could provide bins in dorm rooms and/or expand the size and number of bins in buildings, as well as provide bins for things other than plastic bottles and cans (i.e. cardboard, newspapers etc in the dorms) That would help us alot!
• In the dorms... you can only recycle plastic In grc there are no other ones (paper, alum., glass, etc.) only plastic bottles
• In the library.
• It is hard to find recycling inside the buildings, especially inside of Shafer St. Playhouse. There are usually not enough trashcans, let alone recycling.
• It should be mandatory by state/federal law to sort and recycle ALL business and residential trash. Are we going to wait until we are neck deep in garbage before recycling is reguarded as a critical necessity, and not a choice?
• It would be beneficial if the information and the importance of recycling can be described in terms of dollars so that the students can grasp the big picture.
• It would be nice to also have recycling for paper, plastic bags, and cardboard boxes along with glass and plastic bottles. Also, more recycling bins available on and around campus would be AMAZING.
• It would help some if the recycling bins had pictures (for examples of...) of what to recycle in addition to the name (for example plastics, glass, etc.)
• Knowing what to recycle comes in a close second, but the bins are much more important.
• Knowing what to recycle is also important
• MORE AND BIGGER PLEASE
• MORE BINS!! It's all about convenience for most people. If there's a trash can, let there be a recycling bin right next to it so the choice is obvious.
• MORE RECYCLE BINS
• Make better, clear, easy to understand labels for what goes in what pin, etc.
• Make it more obvious to others that they should be recycling. most people do not recycle because they do not care and throw it into the trashcan right next to the recycle bin.
• Make recycle bins more visible. I see some recycle bins around the campus, but it's just a big green trash can. It should have a sign or something where students can see from distance.
• Make them bigger also, so that the slot for plastic is actually large enough for 2-liter bottles.
• Maybe giving students incentives on using re-usable bottles/cups for drinks at dining centers run by VCU may help. That way, there's no effort of recycling; why wonder about how get rid of trash if you can reduce trash in the first place?
• Maybe handouts on easy ways to recycle things that are supposed to be recycled and why you should recycle. Also as a type of brochure thing- ways that are cost-efficient to "Go Green".
• Maybe more education on why recycling is important.
• Maybe remove some trash cans, so that people will recycle instead. Signage reminders to recycle. Signage (near existing trash bins or exits) that introduces new recycling bins to a floor or area.
• More availability of materials to recycle is also helpful, such as composting, yogurt cup recycling, etc.
• More bins definitely!!
• More bins for different types of recyclables such as styrofoam, etc.
• More bins inside buildings, such as around the dining areas, particularly on the MCV campus.
• More bins with larger openings. I save recycling at my apartment on Franklin st. and bring it to VCU bins, it's a pain putting it all through the small openings. It would be great to have some bins on Franklin, also!
• More bins would be nice, but knowing what can be recycled is important too
• More incentive/push to recycle. I think a lot of people just don't think about it.
• More info on the importance of recycling, and what exactly to recycle
• More posters, stating facts about recycling, with statistics and economic damages on the environment. Also stating facts like batteries are the leading cause of mecury in the environment. Post them in the bath rooms like the stall seat journals.
• More recycling bins available on/around campus would also help..
• More recycling bins is a good idea, but not unless people will actually what should be in them. I've seen lots of people throw away cans in garbage cans ten feet from a recycling bin for cans. Perhaps people don't realize that VCU recycles?
• More recycling bins would be nicer too but if it is expensive then the amount we have is good. In the library I would like to see signs like, "Please Recycle Your Paper Trash" and bins in there! :-)
• More reminders of WHY we recycle.
• Most counties have to "pay" for recycling services.
• Need paper recycling too. One bin for bottles/cans and one for paper. Sooooo much paper waste here
• Need to empty collection containers more frequently; they are always full and force me to use the garbage bins
• Need to label recycle containers better. There are some at the Cary St. Deli that look exactly like a trash can and no one notices it.
• Not only having more recycling bins but convenient ones as well, especially in the resident halls/dorms.
• One of the biggest problems with VCU's recycling is the size and amount of receptacles available. Add more and inform a bit more via posters around campus.
• PLEASE make more bins available on campus!!! If they are there, people will use them!
• Pay me for every 10 items that I recycle. Use a scanner that matches me to a pin number. ( This scanner may not have been invented, as of today.)
• People are lazy, so there has to be bins everywhere in order for recycling to be successfull.
• People are lazy. Unfortunately, even if they are conscious of recycling, many won't carry their disposables until they find a recycling bin and will dispose of it in a nearby trashcan. More recycling bins and making everyone aware of them would help.
• Perhaps everywhere there is a trash can available, make a recycling bin available.
• Perhaps offer student organizations oppertunity to "sponser" a recycling station.
• Please put more bins around campus. I think Students in dorms should also be given a recycling bin. They do this at Virginia Tech and it works great.
• Put a recycle bin next to every trash can, so people can recycle instead of just throwing away.
• Put recycle bins for plastic and cans everywhere there are trash cans - esp Siegel Center and Socials - high traffic areas so people will put the plastic or cans in recycle rather than the trash.
• Putting more recycling bins around the parking decks and restaurants (!).
• Recycling available through the city for buildings with more than 8 units... They do not set you up with green bins if the building is too big. Its ridiculous.
• Recycling bins are becoming more common around campus but can still be hard to find. Also specifying exactly what materials can be thrown into them. Paper? Plastic bottles? Styrofoam? Keep up the good work--always good to see more recycling bins!

driverx77

Back to top Go down

Post  driverx77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 pm

• Recycling bins for more varieties of items (ex cardboard etc)
• Recycling education should be a local, regional & national campaign like the efforts during World War II. It will take a change in our consumerist mindset & a new paradigm of frugality. Ellwood Thompson's is a good example of such practices.
• Recycling has been shown to be only a feel good activity that doesn't do anything for the environment.
• Recycling in the neighborhoods near the school. (Many students don't get free recycling at home)
• Recycling is a way for packrats to feel self-righteous.
• Recycling is bullshit.
• Recycling is easy, but the type of plastics that can be recycled is limited. If VCU and the public pursued Ric. City to recycle mote types of plastics, then less trash would be created.
• Recycling is extremely important to me
• Recycling of anything other than metals and plastics is wasteful of environmental and fiscal resources.
• Richmond needs to more plastics ....not just numbers 1 and 2!!!!! this is very important!
• Seriously, I don't want to go to the trash bins half the time because they're so far. We need more (closer) recycling bins in the upperclassmen dorms
• Something that would also be helpful is if the recycling bins are in places that are convenient for the students so, an example would be, a recycling bin right next to every trashcan.
• Sometimes the recycling is not picked up in buildings on a schedule, so it overflows. This happened last semester in 1509 West Main Street.
• Sometimes your bins only say mixed paper and cans or bottles..what about plastic? cardboard (such as the pizza boxes)? what are we suppose to do? and alot of apartment complexes dont recycle, is it cool to bring it here?
• Tell Clachan Properties to get bins!!!!
• The Labeled recycling bins in the commons help out a lot
• The first 3 answers would all be helpful to me.
• The nursing school recycling bins fill up quickly!
• The only way to make recycling a habit is to make it as fool-proof and easy as possible. If there are the bins all over, people will recycle. Put a bin next to every garbage bin.
• The recycle bins are often overflowing! They need to be emptied more often in the nursing building.
• The recycling trucks are taking all of your recyclable goods to the land fill anyways. Go to any land fill and you will see atleast 10 Waist Management trucks at any point during the day. Waist Management is the company that claims to be recycling.
• There are minimal beverage container receptacles inside. Think of high student flux buildings like Snead, Harris, Oliver, SOE-W, SOE-E and place multiple containers in the hallways not only for students but also faculty/staff.
• There need to be the BIG blue paper recycling bins available in every common building like there are in the Library, especially near the entrances to the commons
• There needs to be more bins to recycle indoors as well as outdoors. This includes the hospitals on the MCV campus.
• There should be more bins around campus and a campaign promoting what to recycle and how to recycle associated with all the bins.
• There should be more recycling options like plastic bags not just bottles.
• They need to be in EVERY room and need to be right beside the trashcan. They also need to be visible and easy to use.
• This may not be directly related to recycling but I think energy conservation should be stressed as well. Even though people that live in the residence hall don't pay electricity or water bills, they should still shut lights off and conserve water.
• Top three, in combination.
• VCU recycles a ton of specialty items and these bins are less common, less well known, and other-than-paper items are usually just tossed. I think more of these specialty bins are needed: Ink cartridges, surplus items, cans, bottles, etc.
• VCU should encourage off-campus housing for students/very nearby apartment buildings to have recycling. I feel so guilty throwing it in the garbage! But I love to see all the new recycling bins around campus!
• VCU should have recycling centers for students who live in off-campus housing close to campus. My apartment doesn't have recycling services, and its sad =(
• VWA will not provide recycling services and bins for apartments larger than 4 units
• WE NEED TO RECYCLE SOME MORE, SERIOUSLY. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!
• We could use more recycling bins inside the academic buildings, not just outside on the quad. If I finish a drink in class, I want to be able to recycle it nearby, not have to carry it around outside until I find a bin in Shafer Court.
• We need bins EVERYWHERE not just in a lobby or in front of a couple of buildings.
• We need more clearly located, convenient, and accessible recycling bins in the dorms and around campus as well! That would get me to recycle more. Recycling shouldn't be a pain, especially if you want people to do it or want them to want to do it.
• When it becomes more efficient to recycle and doesn't take more energy than using raw materials, I'll recycle
• Why no recycling on the No Va campus?!
• Why not the three first combine?
• You've done enough. Seriously.
• a mix of having more, knowing where they are, and knowing what exactly to recycle would be very beneficial and much more encouraging than just doing one.
• additional recycling bins for other recyclable products aside from plastic bottles
• also knowing what to recycle and a broader range of recyclable plastics accepted
• also not having to sort my recycling. i would rather dump it all into one contain instead of having to separate water bottles from paper, etc.
• also, a big recycling center for off campus students. so people can bring their recycling in to recycle it.
• also, living in the fan, knowing when "pick-up" for recycling is and where to put your stuff.
• also, where bins are located and what items I can recycle would also help. Thanks.
• and how to recycle: is the cap supposed to be on or off? is it washed or unwashed? lable removed or left on?
• and knowing that we haven't fucked the earth with all of our waste thus far. that would be grand to know
• and knowing what to recycle
• and knowing what to recycle
• and knowing what to recycle and what's ok and what is not
• and knowing what to recycle too
• and knowing what to recycle.
• and maps would be cool too!
• and more maps Smile
• and on the bins should be lists of whats recyclable
• bigger bins with bigger holes and more scetions for aluminum cans and other types
• dicks
• ease of disposal is key for lazy ass people who dont want to recycle or arent smart enough to know that they should
• easily visable and easy to locate like near trash cans
• especially in the hospital
• fuck the planet
• great poll Q :-)
• having bins in our dorms/apts
• i already recycle most of my cans/bottles anyway, though.
• i love that we have bins all over campus! But sometimes i'm not sure if i wanna carry the trash in my backpack until i come across one, because the only ones i know of are set in the commons. I can never remember exactly where all the others are.
• i love to recycle!!
• i never know where to go to recycle paper. i know there's a bin in the commons, but i find i get a lot of piles of paper. it seems a little awkward to stand there for 10 minutes pushing 2 pieces of paper through a slot at a time.
• i recycle now but i hate that trifling people at BnB through trash in the recycling bins... that needs to change
• i think all the above are important. except for the fourth option
• i think that the recycling bins are a great idea!! it makes me so happy to see them everywhere because it is very encouraging to recycle!
• i think that there should be about equal amounts of recycle bins as there are trash cans because we use just as much trash as we use recyclable materials everyday. it's just not fair to the recycle bins to gout numbered! I demand equality!
• including MCV campus
• information about what happens to recycled materials
• is styrofoam recyclable? and is there any place to recycle it on campus?
• it would also be nice if the recycling bins were more dierse in what is recycled.
• knowing what else can be recycled and the recycling locations
• knowing where to recycling things other than the typical. ie where in Richmond can batteries, electronics be recycled
• larger recycling holes near dorms
• less trash cans and more bins if I can throw away all my trash in a second why would I take the time out to sort through my trash to recylce...the problem is that just throwing your trash away is alot easier than trying to find a bin for plastics
• maps telling students where they are an excellent idea along with more bins on campus...
• maybe if the bins were closer to the trash can i would be more willingly to recycle ( in GRC Phase I)
• more bins that are labeled with what goes where.
• more bins with more options (one for styrofoam alone) and electronics (for batteries, old printer cartridges..) Smile
• more posted information about the importance of recycling, and what to recycle
• more recylcing bins around the business school are needed
• not having to separate, one bin for all recycleables
• not only a map but what those recycling bins were for...like paper mixed paper cardboard...cans etc.
• paper recycle bins
• plus knowing what to recycle
• put a recycling bin next to each trash can
• put recycling bins next to every trash can so that NO ONE has an excuse to throw scrap paper or bottles away. it's disgusting how unconcerned some are with recycling. perhaps if it's in their face, they will think twice.
• recycling bins in the class rooms and library in addition to waste bins, esp for paper, would encourage everyone to make that decision before they left the class or room with it in their hand.
• recycling bins in the dorm hallways next to the trash cans
• recycling cost more $ than just throwing it away...in this economy can we afford to recycle?
• recycling shouldn't require me to walk further than the dumpster
• see Penn and Teller's testimonial on recycling.
• thanks for placing bins in the physical therapy department!
• the apartment complex I'm in (Carriage House) doesn't even have recycling. Virginia, or at least Richmond, should make a law requiring recycling to be available.
• there are hundreds of flyers saying to recycle around campus, but isn't that basically defeating the whole purpose of recycling if you waste paper?
• there are not nearly enough recycle bins on campus. there is not even one in Monroe park which is a big hang out area.
• there should be some in every building, every time I go to throw something away there aren't any bins around.
• they should be placed next to every trashcan!!!
• we need to be able to recycle glass and paper
• where ever there is a trash can a recycle bin needs to be next to it
• who would look at a map?

driverx77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down